The day started off great. But I knew that as soon as the jelly jar fell off the counter and broke things were going to be off. But I stayed positive and we headed on our way to Lanae's dance class. Dance class was great. Lanae loves going and looks forward to it each week. Then it was off to Walmart to pick up a few groceries. I should have listened to my inner voice that said "not a good a idea". It was getting close to be nap time but I knew that if I did not go then I would not get back out later. Then we would end up eating Mac and Cheese again for dinner. LOL
So we went to Walmart. Just recently Lanae has decided that she is to big to sit in the cart. Sometimes I get Lucky and she will sit or stand in the basket part. Today was an " I walk Mommy" So she walked. Usually she does a good job of keeping her hands to herself and just staying right with me. But today was not the case. She wanted to touch everything !!! Are Walmart trip today need to be a quick because nap time was quickly approaching. I knew things were going to go south real quick when she refused to sit in the cart and watch Elmo. We played the in and out of the cart game until finally I forcefully made her sit in the seat of the cart. That is when the screaming started and did not stop. She wanted down but I knew that if she got down that we would be in the store for another 2 hours because she was not listening to me and into everything. Well I broke down after many mean looks from people in the store and let her down. I wanted to look at them and say "DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DO BETTER, I DARE YOU TO TRY A$$ HOLE" At that point she wanted to do everything besides let me shop. At some point during the crying and screaming she decided that she did not want to WALK but she wanted me to carry her. When I wouldn't carry her she insisted to scream and cry louder. We finally make it to the check out and while trying to pay Lanae is throwing a fit for reasons I have no idea. People are still staring and I am staying calm but I am on the edge of losing my red headed temper not at Lanae really but just at the people who are being rude. Yes Lanae was in big trouble but I also knew that it was her nap time and Half of this is all my fault.
What a day !!!
Cottage Cheese Pancakes
4 hours ago

2 comments:
Like I told you on facebook, I have so been there. I now pretty much refuse to grocery shop with Jonathan. And luckily, I've been able to since John has been home all the time. We'll see what I do when he actually has work...
If I have any shopping to do, it has to be short, and I bring a certain stroller with a 5-point harness that Jonathan is magically much better behaved in. And I have lots of snacks. And sometimes, SOMETIMES, he doesn't freak out. But yeah, it seems like lately as soon as he enters a grocery store, he has a tantrum. I love having a 2-year-old... :/
It's just nice to know I don't have the only child who can throw a great fit in a store! Between the stress of dealing with a tantrum AND people's looks, it's never a happy ending... :(
Post a Comment