So I am 3 days out of surgery. The surgery went well. The only thing I remember is them saying was "we are going back to the OR now" Then I woke up in recovery in pain. Not terrible pain but it was pain none the less. During the gastric sleeve surgery they also fixed my Hitial Hernia. Which come to find out was the cause of allot of my belly problems and reflux for all these year. So I now have 1/3 a stomach. Was it worth? The pain is getting allot better but the first day or so it was hard. I think the gas pain was worse than the actual surgery pain. I was up and walking about 3 hours after surgery and the continued to make me walk every 2 hours. I am very thankful for the pain medication. I spent 2 nights in the hospital because they could not get my blood pressure to stabilize. But they did and I am home. On the same day I cam home Matt and Lanae both came down with the stomach flu. YUCK !! But they are better now and we are all recovering well.
I am still on a clear liquid diet until Tuesday. Then I can go back to the protein shakes for 2 weeks then I can have BABY FOOD !!!!. One step at a time.
I am happy I did it. But it is not a easy road that is for sure.
I am down 14 pounds as of Yesterday. I am continue to loss. Tonight I went and bought my easter outfit a size smaller :) I am so happy
SO YES IT IS WORTH IT !!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment